Through videos, group discussion and hands-on practice, you’ll learn teamwork, rescue and surveillance skills, First Aid and CPR/AED and other skills you need to work as a Professional Lifeguard. Successful completion results in a 2-year certification in Lifeguarding, First Aid, and Professional level CPR and AED.
1. Must be 15 years of age or older.
2. Complete a continuous 300 yard swim demonstrating controlled rhythmic breathing.Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
3. Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs hands must be placed under arms.
4. Complete the following timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds. (no goggles allowed)
- Swim 20 yards starting in the water with face in or out.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.